For the 2nd year in a row, the race will be hosted along side the Carpentersville Oktoberfest, which will have a beer garden (which is located right next to the start/finish line), great food vendors, live music, raffles, kid rides (inflatables), and much more. Full details can be found here.
Menu for Carpenter Park…
- Light jazz and donuts from 7am until 9:29 am.
- At 9:30 sharp the main entree is served with racers greeted with a new layout for 2009.
- The Start/Finish will be on Carpenter Blvd (NorthEast Side of the park) .
- Similar features as in past years with creek crossings, the sand pit, a ‘lil sled hill, and a new feature… the “pump section“. BMXr’s will know this better as a rhythm section. Check out Sven Nys flying through one here (0:11).
- Also new this year is a totally free kids race for 5-10 year olds. Register at the Cyclo Kids Course before the 12 noon start time. Note this is NOT a new CCC category but we’re all for it. Parents… you’ll still need to fill out a release form for your kids.
- The weather forecast looks fantastic again… but make sure to bring some warm, dry clothes for after the race so you can put your hand warmers to use.
- Registration will be in the small pavilion in the center of the park near the playground/sandpit. This is the same location as last year.
- There are 319 of you pre-reg’d… that’s the exact same number as Jackson Park!
- The 4A’s are closed and there are 2 spots left in the 4B’s. Just like at past races we’ll have a waitlist for both races to try and give everyone a chance to race.
- Just a reminder, pre-reg’d riders need to pick up their numbers 30 minutes before each race or we will give your number to someone on the waitlsit. Waitlisters… you need to be at registration 30 minutes before your race if you want to get in.
- Another reminder that if you do NOT have a current annual USAC license you need to purchase a one day license for $10. If you purchased an annual license at a previous race and have NOT yet received it in the mail, you need to either bring your receipt (legal pad size of paper) from when you bought the license or show proof from the USAC website. Just because your license # is listed with your previous results does NOT mean you have a current license.
- There are still several of you that have “Pending” listed as your USAC license # in your BikeReg profiles. Please make sure your profile is up to date with your current information.
- Unfortunately we don’t have a course map right now, but as always, course specifics are subject to change. North is the to left, south to the right.